Thursday, June 18, 2009

Eagles, Deer, Hawk, Crow, and Egret - My fishing trip

I went fishing yesterday with my oldest son. Male bonding! It was quite the day. I had a new Battery that apparently is a bad battery. An old Battery that also tuned out to be a bad Battery. My connector for the oars had broken off. Why would I need them anyway! I have 2 Batteries for my trolling motor. So we spent the entire day paddling a 14 foot boat across a 400 acre lake.
-
-
We saw 9 deer up close and personal. One was eating moss out of the water. We saw an Eagle dive down to the water to scoop up a fish. Two 2 crows trying to steal food from a flying Hawk.
-
-
Buzzards flying around, maybe they thought we wouldn't survive the heat.
A Wild Turkey, Squirrel, and a variety of birds.!
-
-
And then, the most amazing thing of all. We were fishing about 18 feet from the bank. There was an Egret that was walking down the shoreline. He stopped right in front of us. He just sat there looking right at us. When we caught a little fish, we thew it at him and he would eat them. At one point we thew one that landed 5 feet short of him, in the water. He gave one big flap of his wings and pounced in the water to get it. Amazing!
-
-
I only go fishing to provide food for my family. That's what I tell my wife, anyway. With all that drama, we did actually catch a lot of fish. Have to fill the freezer up for winter.
-
-
The art can become an all consuming thing, it is good to get away from it occasionally. "All work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment! I welcome comments, and suggestions for tutorials. Ask me a question? Maybe I'll use it.