Friday, June 12, 2009

Unfold - Illustration Friday- Original acrylic modern landscape painting

The Topic Is UNFOLDING
On the website Illustration Friday
Where a topic is interpeted through Art
This is my interpetation of the topic Unfolding
Click the link to see other artist entrys
-
-
This is a picture in time, drama is happening.
A story is unfolding.
What do you think?
Is this a storm that is coming in?
Is this a sunset on a cloud filled day?
Is there any wind or is it fairly calm?
Is it unfolding or has it unfolded?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
This is the Day that Hurricane Ike hit us in Indiana. We had blue skies all day and no rain.
But we also had 90 mile an hour winds,for 3 hours straight. Nearly 1 million people without electricity. Ours was out for 3 days.
-
-
This is the view from my house. I painted this in the evening as the storm was moving out. The winds were still 40 miles an hour. I held the canvas down with one had as I painted this painting with the other. Drama had unfolded!
-
"Beautiful and Terrible"


6 comments:

  1. Fooled me, I was thinking a storm had just passed by and all was well...
    Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Wild story. I wouldn't have guessed all that. Even without the story, it's obvious that some kind of drama in nature is happening. There's always something unfolding. Great clouds and light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color and mood are fantastic! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was an amazing day in many ways. In my immediate area, all the houses are spaced out on 1 to 2 acre lots. The aren't a lot of trees, it's wide open. All the neighbors were sitting on their porches, or standing in the middle of their yards, watching the winds blow. 90 mile an hour winds on a beautiful day ? Quite bizarre, especially in Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice...it looks like what is going on in todays weather!

    ReplyDelete

Please Comment! I welcome comments, and suggestions for tutorials. Ask me a question? Maybe I'll use it.