Wednesday, May 20, 2009

How to find your painting style

"Mighty Sunset"

original impressionist acrylic sunset painting

12 x 36 on Canvas

$175

In My Yessy store

My Web site, a new painting each day.

This is my first Post. A bad tme to start a blog, as my show season is starting to come around and it can get very chaotic, but here goes.

Twenty years ago when I was young at art, I showed a friend some of my new paintings. His response was,they are really nice, but why would I want them. If there isn’t something different about your work why will someone pick your work over someone elses. If you don’t even know what that means, then you won’t know how to get there. It took me a while to figure it out. I think about this as I paint every single painting. You should too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment! I welcome comments, and suggestions for tutorials. Ask me a question? Maybe I'll use it.